Solar Thermodynamic System
A solar solution offered by the experts at TCR that enables hot water 24 hours a day, 365 days a year come rain, shine or snow.
Despite there being a panel, This system is closer to an air source heat pump than it is to a solar thermal system. The system is basically a freezer in reverse. Refrigerant enters the panel and as it passes through it absorbs heat from the atmosphere and becomes a gas.
A microwave sized Solar Assisted Heat Pump in a box powered by an external Thermodynamic panel provide hot water.
Heats water all day and night in all weather conditions.
Its a fridge in reverse with proven reliability
How It Works
The Aluminium panel circulates the refrigerated liquid where energy is absorbed from the ambient air
This transforms the liquid into a gas, which carries the heat energy to the thermodynamic box
The thermodynamic box compresses the gas which increases the temperature
The spent gas reverts back to a liquid which flows back into the panel, allowing process to repeat
Simultaneously, a water pump pulls cold water from the cylinder into the thermodynamic box This works as a heat exchanger which returns hot water to the cylinder
• Only one panel required for standard domestic installation
• Made of roll-bond aluminium
• Highly durable (no glass or glycol)
• Delivered nitrogen filled
• Absorbs energy from ambient air, sunlight, wind and rain
• Very light and easy to install
• Normally fitted to a wall
• Can be fitted to any aspect
• Panel is silent in operation